We couldn’t resist adding Shroom Shield to our favorite brownie recipe. Not only is it every chocolate lover's dream, but this recipe also delivers the benefits of functional mushrooms without the funky flavors!
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Shroom Shield
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or oil the pan
3. In a large bowl, whisk together hot melted butter and sugar. Then, whisk in the milk and vanilla
4. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, Shroom Shield, and salt
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the butter and sugar mixture until well combined
6. Fold in the chocolate chips
7. Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a fork comes out relatively clean
9. Let cool for ~10 minutes and enjoy!
Share your shrooms!