These Vegan Matcha Cinnamon Rolls are perfect for a cold fall day meant to be spent eating freshly baked goods and staying inside. Grab your Pure Matcha and get to know the creator of the recipe, Sydney Ness (@sydneyness), as she walks us through the recipe!
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 packet instant yeast (or 2 ¼ tsp rapid-rise yeast)
- 1 cup unsweetened milk alternative
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Pure Matcha, sifted
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ - 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup simple powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Pure Matcha, sifted
- 1 tbsp unsweetened milk alternative
- In a large saucepan (or in a bowl in the microwave at 30-second increments) heat the milk alternative and vegan butter until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees fahrenheit or the temperature of bath water
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minute and then stir in the sugar, salt, and matcha
- Add in flour (½ cup at a time) stirring it in as you go. You may not need to add all 3 cups, just enough until the dough is too thick to stir. When the dough is sticky and thick, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat with oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for about an hour (or until doubled in size)
- Once dough is risen, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle on a lightly floured surface (thickness should be around ¼ inch). Brush with melted vegan butter and top with sugar and desired amount of cinnamon and matcha
- Starting at one end, roll the dough up tightly and situate the seam side down. Then with a serrated knife or string, cut the dough into 1.5-2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8 x 8 inch square pan (you should have around 10 rolls)
- Brush with melted vegan butter and cover again. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- While waiting for them to cook, in a medium mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, matcha, sugar and milk until a well combined glaze forms
- Once the oven is preheated, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes, glaze, and serve. They are the best fresh but they will keep for 2-3 days if stored at room temperature
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
I am a senior fashion merchandising major at Kent State University with minors in marketing and sustainability! I am currently interning for a trend forecasting company based out of NYC called ESP Trendlab and I absolutely love the creative energy this industry holds. I enjoy going on spontaneous trips and adventures but also love a day staying in watching tv or reading all day.
What is your favorite GOLDE product and how do you use it?
My absolute favorite product has to be the Pure Matcha since it’s the best matcha I have ever had, hands down. I have it just about every afternoon when I hit that work slump and it’s my favorite part of my day. I love to pour my matcha over ice with either the classic combination of oat milk, cinnamon and a drop of vanilla/almond extract (don’t knock it ‘til you try it!!) or with the Trader Joe’s sparkling strawberry juice!
What is your Golden Hour?
My Golden Hour is when I wake up without a million alarms and can sit on my front porch with my matcha! I love nothing more than a slow start to my day to organize my to-do list and set my goals.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
"If it won’t matter in 5 years don’t spend more than 5 minutes worrying about it"