Fall is officially here, and that means new cozy recipes to make at home! Start the season off right with this Turmeric Lemon Loaf created by Kolby Dunn (@kolby_dunn). Grab your Original Turmeric latte blend and get to know Kolby as she talks self-care and shares tips on how to make the recipe vegan.
1.5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 servings of Golde Original Turmeric latte blend
1 cup sugar
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
¾ cup sour cream or yogurt (use full-fat coconut milk as a vegan substitute)
2 large eggs (use ¼ cup of applesauce per egg as vegan replacement)
½ cup butter, melted (any vegan butter will work, too!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan (optional; line with parchment)
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and Original Turmeric in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, pour in the one cup sugar and combine with the zest of one lemon. Use your fingers to mix the zest and sugar until pale yellow. Whisk in the sour cream or yogurt, eggs and juice from one lemon until well combined.
- Use a spatula to add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Fold in melted butter until combined and immediately pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top then garnish with thinly sliced lemons (press the slices between paper towels to get the moisture out), sprinkle sugar for a crunchy finish. (Note: lemon slices might sink in but loaf will still cook throughout).
- Bake for 50-60 mins and enjoy!
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Hi friends! I’m Kolby and I’m a 21-year-old college student majoring in public relations. I’m also a freelance content creator over on instagram, @kolby_dunn. I love capturing the beautiful colors in everyday life and sharing wellness products with my audience. When I’m not online, I’m wakesurfing on Lake Austin!
What is your favorite Golde product and how do you use it?
My favorite Golde product is the Pure Matcha. It’s a ritual I look forward to everyday, taking the time to make myself a matcha always puts a smile on my face.
What is your Golden Hour?
My Golden Hour is the time of day where I can relax to the fullest - I love to take my shower, do my skin care, give my puppy some kisses and then cuddle up with a Cacao Turmeric latte after a long day.
What does self-care mean to you and in what ways do you practice it?
Self-care differs for everyone and can be practiced in a multitude of different ways. My favorite way of practicing self-care is sticking to habits. Building healthy habits is something that was a goal for me in 2020. Waking up in the morning and drinking water with my vitamins, eating 3 meals a day, writing down things I have to get done that week, doing something for myself everyday and even putting my phone away at least an hour before bed. All the little things add up and when I stick to my healthy habits I feel like my best self.
Interested in being a Club Golde ambassador? Click here to learn more!