Learn how to make Vegan Cacao Turmeric Coffee Cake Bars, created by Andrea Jiang (@withloveanan). Andrea shares her secret to the perfect coffee bars (hint: it's all in the crumble topping!), and discusses her Golden Hour wellness rituals.
Coffee Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup oat milk (any plant-based milk works)
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (you can use sugar as an alternative)
- 1 heaping cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp of Cacao Turmeric Latte Blend
Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- 5 tbsp melted vegan butter
- ¼ cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and then stir in wet ingredients.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 9 inch pan.
- For the crumble topping, mix together the butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add on top of the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you poke the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Hi Golde friends! My name is Andrea and I live in Seattle. I’ve always enjoyed capturing life’s cute details so I started my Instagram @withloveanan as a creative outlet. When I’m not online, I enjoy taking long walks with my pup Nala, adventuring the outdoors, trying new experiences and having good conversation with family and friends over meals.
What is your favorite GOLDE product and how do you use it?
I am a true Pure Matcha fan. I’ve tried many matcha powders but I always come back to this one because everything about the taste, the color, etc. is chef’s kiss! I love adding the Pure Matcha in my smoothies and making iced oat milk matcha lattes with it.
What is your Golden Hour?
The evening time is my Golden Hour! I believe that evening rituals are just as important as morning ones because it’s a good way to reconnect the mind, body, and soul after a full day. I love being able to take a shower, do my skincare, and just have my time to think and reflect on the day. After that, I sink into bed with a good book or watch a comfort show to turn off my thoughts and relax.
What are your favorite wellness rituals and why are they important to you?
Setting time aside for some peace and quiet while doing something mundane like making my cup of matcha for the day is one of my favorite morning rituals. I feel like small rituals like that put me in the right headspace through being present in the moment.
WelIness rituals are important to me because self-love is important! I think wellness rituals aren’t a one size fits all type of thing because everyday looks a little bit different. One day I might need quality time so I read a book, but another day I may need acts of service so I cook myself a nourishing meal. These rituals are a great way to tune in to myself and my needs.