With Thanksgiving comes the responsibility of picking a dish to bring to dinner. This year #ClubGolde’s Dez Archuleta helped us come up with the perfect recipe meant to be shared: Turmeric Banana Bread with a Golden Twist! Grab your Original Turmeric Latte Blend and get to know Dez (@dez.zerts) as she walks us through the recipe and shares how she is staying connected with family and friends this holiday season!
Turmeric Banana Bread:
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 ½ tsp Golde Original Latte Blend
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups mashed overripe bananas
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups (about 7 1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup lightly toasted pine nuts, pecans, walnuts, or no nuts!
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or grate a 1-inch knob of fresh ginger)
- ½ cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp Original Golde Latte Blend
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- .13 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with softened butter, and line with parchment paper, leaving a 1 1/2-inch overhang to use as “handles” later.
- Beat together butter and Original Turmeric with a hand mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl, until fluffy (2 to 3 minutes). Add sugar and continue to beat at medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat on medium speed until just blended. Add bananas and vanilla to bowl; beat until just combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cardamom, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture by hand until no streaks of dry flour remain; do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle nuts evenly over top of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, (55 to 60 minutes). Tent with aluminum foil if top gets too dark before cooked through. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the bread cools, stir together ground ginger, butter, honey, Original Turmeric, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl until blended!
- Serve Turmeric Banana Bread with Golden Turmeric Butter and enjoy!
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
I’m Dez, she/her, and I’m a Mexican American creator living in Seattle with my partner and our cat Mazzy (who I named after one of my favorite 90s bands, Mazzy Star of course). I just turned 30 this year which I thought would be scary but I’m totally loving it and ready for this new chapter of my life. Since Covid hit my days are spent working from home as the Marketing Coordinator for a tech company here in Seattle, but when I’m not working, I’m cooking, baking, reading, redecorating my space or getting outside to do something fun because the PNW is the most beautiful place in the world!
What is your favorite GOLDE product and how do you use it?
My favorite Golde product is definitely the Cacao Turmeric Latte blend. I’m a coffee lover and can’t start my day without it, but my favorite thing is mixing an espresso with Cacao Turmeric and topping off with a few ice cubes and frothy oat milk.
What is your Golden Hour?
My Golden Hour is Saturday morning in bed with my cat and my partner, sipping our coffees, reading, chatting, watching one of our favorite shows together or just sleeping in extra late. But I also consider Friday night at home with a glass of natural wine and something yummy I cooked or ordered for dinner my Golden Hour too :)
How are you staying connected with your friends and families during the holidays?
Obviously, this year is different than any other year I’ve ever experienced, and I won’t be spending the holidays with my family, friends or my partner’s family. I’m sad, because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and nothing makes me happier than being around a large, loud group of people I love passing food around a table or making tamales with my parents and brother on Christmas Eve. But it’s what we all have to do right now if there’s any hope for next year! So, I’m going to try to make the best of it by planning some epic meals for the two of us at our apartment, throw a birthday party for my cat which happens to be on Christmas Eve, and doing what we all do best right now...Zoom-ing and FaceTiming with family as much as possible.