Making a matcha latte can seem pretty intimidating, but it’s actually super easy to make one that’s even better than your local coffee shop’s – and it won’t cost you $7 every time! Matcha lattes are delicious, energizing (more caffeine than espresso, without the jitters!), and great for your brain.
Here’s how to become a pro at making your own matcha:
- A high-quality matcha powder (preferably ceremonial grade)
- Warm water (not hot! Boiling water will burn your matcha)
- Milk of your choice (we like oat milk!)
- Sweetener if desired – honey, maple syrup, and agave all work well
- Bamboo matcha whisk or handheld frother
- Shallow bowl for whisking (or a glass if using a frother to avoid spillage!)
- Glass or mug
- Combine 1 tsp matcha and 1 tsp sweetener with 1-2 oz water.
- Use your bamboo whisk or frother to whisk until frothy! This usually takes about 30 seconds.
- Combine in a glass or mug with 8 oz milk, hot or iced.
- Stir, sip, and enjoy 💚
Everything you need to get started for less than $1.50 per latte: shop now.