In celebration of our bestselling Pure Matcha, our friend Sydney (@scienceoffoods) created this stunning Matcha Tiramisu recipe that's a perfect twist on a classic dessert. Plus, no baking required! Here's how to make it:
- 2C whipping cream
- generous splash vanilla extract
- 2C mascarpone cheese
- 1/4C white sugar
- 4tsp Pure Matcha + more for dusting
- 22 ladyfinger cookies
- Place cream and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk with an immersion blender or electric hand mixer until it begins to thicken, stopping once it reaches a light and fluffy consistency, ~5 minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese, sugar, and 1tsp Pure Matcha in another bowl. blend until combined.
- Fold together the whipped cream and mascarpone mixtures. Set aside.
- Prepare matcha by sifting 3 tsp of Pure Matcha and pouring ~1C of warm (not hot!) water over it. Using a bamboo whisk, combine well.
- Dip each individual ladyfinger cookie in the prepared matcha – lightly dip on each side, making sure not to let it sit for too long in the matcha as the cookies can become soggy really fast.
- Assemble the cookies across the bottom of a dish and cover them with half of the Pure Matcha cream. Assemble another layer with the cookies facing the opposite direction. Cover again with the remaining cream. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Sift more Pure Matcha over the top, and serve!